POSITION DESCRIPTION -
Youth Development Professional
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Lawrence County has grown to become the main safe haven for youth in our community. Our clubs provide a safe place to play, laugh, discover, and learn for youth in grades K-12. Caring, trained staff and volunteers work with our members in supervised, safe, and structured environments to build new skills and help them succeed.
Why should you apply?
The Boys & Girls Clubs are a place where you can have great work-life balance and make a difference in kids' lives.
Mission Statement: To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens
Core Values: Passion, Fun, Teamwork, Equity, Integrity
• Candidates will have fun assisting with the planning, implementing, and delivering appropriate programs, activities, services, and special events.
• Track, plan, promote, and encourage program participation.
• Responsible for lesson planning and creating innovative programs and activities.
• Classroom management of a group of children.
• Ensure quality programs, prepare youth for success, and promote the safety of members.
• Maintain safety compliance.
• Must love kids and want to work with them!
• Experience working in youth programs a plus.
• Ability to motivate youth, manage behavior, and supervise members in a safe environment.
• Ability to communicate with the general public.
• Organized and ability to solve problems.
• Background in sports, arts, science a plus.
• Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
• CPR and First Aid Certifications a plus.
• Early childhood education credits a plus.